Google discusses scaling big models on TPUs, Paella produces high quality images from text in 500ms, and AI models for multilingual diffusion, music separation, and image recognition are being improved.
- Google's new paper discusses how they efficiently scale their big home models on TPUs, enabling larger context lengths and hardware utilization during large batch processes.
- Using depth maps and a refining model, it is possible to generate high-quality fly-throughs of nature from a single image.
- New paper called Paella uses speed optimization techniques to produce high quality images from text in only 500 milliseconds.
- Archive now includes hugging face spaces, allowing users to attach demos to their papers for interactive model and technique testing.
- AI models for stable multilingual diffusion, music source separation, and image recognition are being developed and improved.