Stable Diffusion, an open source project funded by Stability AI, has become the most popular software in the world, with 46,000 GitHub Stars and 25 million downloads, and has enabled Lenser, a powerful AI app, to become 100x faster.
- Robin Ronback and Andreas Blackman's paper on Latent Diffusion led to the breakthrough of the Stable Diffusion Model, which optimized for high-speed diffusion without access to many GPUs.
- Catherine Crowston Rivers, Robin, Bjorn Oman, and Patrick from Runway.ML collaborated to release the original stable diffusion in August under LMU Confids.
- Stable Diffusion, an open source project funded by Stability AI, is the most popular software in the world, compressing 100,000 gigabytes of images into a 1.6 gigabyte file.
- In just three months, the open source software has received 46,000 GitHub Stars, overtaking Bitcoin and Ethereum, and has been downloaded 25 million times, making it the most popular open source software ever.
- Lenser, a powerful AI app, is becoming exponentially more powerful, with a 100x speed increase from 5.6 seconds to 0.9 seconds for an image.