Great applications tell a clear and concise story about the team, their work, accomplishments, and why they will succeed, with domain expertise and evidence of a prototype or team increasing the odds of getting an interview by four times.
- The lecture notes are difficult to understand and the speaker learned nothing from reading them.
- Great applications tell a story by highlighting the team, what they're working on, why they're working on it, what they've accomplished so far, and why they will make it work.
- Make sure your application is clear and easy to understand, just like a good resume, to show that there is at least one person on the team who can make the product.
- Having domain expertise on a team is highly recommended for startups to be successful in bringing their technology to fruition.
- To prove that you can bring a product to market, it is recommended to have evidence such as a prototype or a team, and to be clear on who is making the product, as obfuscating does not help, and meeting these criteria increases the odds of getting an interview by four times.