As a kid, I made money by buying and reselling items online, and as an adult, I learned to communicate confidence and remain clear and succinct when interviewing, which helped me get accepted into YC with my podcast discovery company, Breaker.
- As a kid, I successfully hacked a computer system to my advantage.
- I made money by buying items at discounted prices and reselling them on eBay.
- I enjoyed finding and reselling items on Amazon to make money in high school and college.
- Selling the vision of creating a place to discover the best products and communicating confidence were the main points of Phil's YC application and interview.
- When interviewing, remain clear and succinct and don't let interruptions ruin your flow or energy.
- Breaker is a YC company that is leveraging community to enable people to discover podcasts in a new and different way.