Founders should be generous with equity to employees and stingy with equity to investors, while providing autonomy, mastery and purpose, giving clear feedback, and taking action when needed.
- Founders should be generous with equity to employees and stingy with equity to investors.
- Founders should be generous with equity to early employees to retain them and build a successful startup.
- Founders should learn to praise their team and take responsibility for the bad stuff to prevent massive team churn.
- Give people autonomy, mastery and purpose, provide clear feedback, and don't be afraid to fire people when it's not working.
- Firing people quickly when they are not performing is better for the company and the employee, but it is difficult to do and can be toxic to the company if done wrong.
- If someone is consistently making mistakes or causing problems, it is painfully obvious and you should take action.