We implemented a 4.5 day work week, held employees accountable, hired remote workers, and assessed empathy skills for customer support, but found that "crunch mode" games were demoralizing.
- Blue implemented a four and a half day work week with a 15 minute rule to respect employees' time and maximize productivity.
- Remote working requires extra work and discipline, but our 10-person team was able to do far more with it.
- Employees are held accountable through profit sharing and to-do lists, creating a written trail for how to handle tasks.
- Hire people who can work remotely and have them work on a month-long side project to assess their ability to manage themselves.
- To assess empathy skills for customer support, applicants are asked to write a breakup letter in 15 minutes, to get a sense of their writing skills and ability to deliver bad news tactfully.
- We tried a "crunch mode" game to motivate ourselves, but it ended up being demoralizing and we never did it again.